RX02 Difficulties

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Dec 8 19:08:55 CST 2017

On 12/8/2017 4:34 PM, Charles Anthony via cctalk wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Jerry Weiss via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 8, 2017, at 5:17 PM, Aaron Jackson <aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk> wrote:
>> =
>> 3) Try and contrast to the other drive as previously covered.
>>
>> This will help rule out a few things and provide some better direction.
>>

> I know that there some very low-level disk analysis tools (Kyroflux or
> something?) Would it be feasible to use one of those tools to verify the
> format and data integrity of the floppies?
>
> -- Charles
This brings up a point I'm interested in.  I've got a kryoflux and the
parts that hopefully will let me run regular 8" drive.  Does anyone have
experience writing RX01 or RX02 images with such drives onto blank media
(non dec pre-formatted)?

I'm really hoping to create test media to use before I risk any of the
masters I have to any drives (I have a Minc 11 with a lot of floppies).

I hope to image all the media I have via the same 8" drives, and not
fiddle with the Minc or RX02 I have, but to just get them going, and use
them on systems.

thanks
Jim