Old DEC PROM Images

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sat Dec 2 04:56:52 CST 2017

On 02/12/2017 09:11, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
>> I am trying to bring some of my old PDP-11's back to life.  Does
>> anyone have or know of a source for PROM Images?  I need the
>> images for the M8189 (11/23+) and would also love to get the
>> images for my DECTalk.

> Check here:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20140723115846/http://www.dunnington.u-net.com/public/DECROMs/

Or better still, here:
http://www.dunnington.info/public/DECROMs/

There's a long story behind the change of domain name and why it's not
been widely publicised, but the short version is that an ISP takeover
screwed it up and it's parked for free until I sort out a permanent home
- which never seems to get high enough up the priority list.

Bill, if you want the latest version of the ROMs for an 11/23+ look for
23-453E4 and 23-454E4 which are 8Kbyte microPDP-11 images to fit in 2764
EPROMs - but if your M8189 currently has 2Kbyte EPROMs (likely, if it's
in a BA11 box rather than BA23) you will need to change a jumper or two.

Note that the files are binary images, not Intel HEX or any other
encoded system, so make sure you download them with something that does
not insert spurious carriage returns etc.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull