PDP-8/a cleaning

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Mon Apr 24 14:19:08 CDT 2017

Hi

My PDP-8/A is up for restoration. More specifically and 8A100 according
to it's ID plate. It is in overall "ok" shape but oh so dusty.

I'd like to give it a good cleaning so I'm tearing it down. And I'm
looking for suggestion to cleaning the backplane and regulator board.

I'm considering putting the Omnibus part under warm water and perhaps a
bit of mild detergent. Should I get distilled water or will tap do? The
water here is not very "hard"

The regulator backplane has a relay and a button which will never dry
out if I soak it...

Thanks in advance,
Pontus.