Bitsavers size

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Apr 22 12:05:12 CDT 2017

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> For the record, I have no intention of creating these "more appropriate"
> distribution media for anyone.

OK, we'll cancel the project of getting you a farm of ultra-durable card
punches.  :-)
It was already looking as though there might be difficulty locating 2
million boxes of blank punch cards. (288G)   Per copy.

Even the just over a million 8" SSSD floppies were back-ordered.

And paper tape would have required opening a new factory.

. . . and we'd have had to build up a fleet of station wagons to hurtle
down the highway.