Did we miss the 20th anniversary of classiccmp?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:18:03 CDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Pontus Pihlgren via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 09:34:52AM -0500, Jay West via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> But that being said... we should have had a party or something *grin*.
>>

> You could argue that years are index starting from zero. Thus the
> 20-year celebration is next year and we have ample time to prepare.
>
> (It's what we did when we missed an anniversery for the computer science
> programme).

At least in the UK it is tradition to celebrate a person's 21st birthday
(coming of age and all that). So perhaps the same applies to mailing
lists :-)

Somewhere I have a 21st birthday card that a certain classic computer
enthiast (now alas passed away) sent, not to me, but to my PDP11/45...

-tony