Re: Extracting files off “unknown” 8 inch disks. Any thoughts…

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Mon Apr 17 21:01:45 CDT 2017

>If you can find an old registered copy of FORMATQM, it allowed very
>flexible formatting.   So, you could format a DMF floppy by defining a
>format in the FORMATS.CFG file thus:

Reminds me of NEWDOS/80 V2 on the TRS-80 Mod 1/III.  The PDRIVE command let
you define your very own disk format!

No one else but you could read it of course (:

Yes, so it's as I thought re: formatting the 8 inch drive. MS-DOS felt it
knew better than I did.

>If you are using an 8" drive, it should also have accepted 77.

Yes, the point is Fred, it didn't. So, if /N is 15, then it must ONLY
accept T:40 or 80, yea?

Terry (Tez)