Pass on (Was: APL and descendants - was Re: If C is so evil why

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Apr 14 22:04:18 CDT 2017

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Toby Thain via cctalk wrote:
> I never understood this self-defeating attitude. What's supposed to happen
> when they pass on?

Those handling the estate might make a good-faith effort to follow
explicitly stated wishes.
Then the rest of "that crap" gets dumpstered and sent to landfill.
Stuff like that ridiculous "APL" game cartridge that won't even fit any
current game machine.
And ALL of those obsolete computers that won't even run Windows 10 NOR
current Apple OS.

Remember what happened to Don Maslin's projects?

I've made a will, with a bunch of specific bequests.  For the rest, . . .
When I go, my sister will gladly let anybody who is willing to do a dump
run have all of my stuff, if they act quickly.  Otherwise, she will hire a
hauling outfit that WILL work quickly.  She will gripe long and loud about
how much it costs and how long it takes to throw away all of my stuff.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com