RTX-2000 processor PC/AT add-in card (any takers?)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Apr 11 20:05:01 CDT 2017

On 04/11/2017 04:53 PM, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. via cctalk wrote:

> I consider the heart of any modern high performance CPU to be a
> dataflow architecture (described as an "out of order execution
> engine") with a hardware to translate the macrocode (CISC or RISC) to
> the dataflow graph and tokens on the fly.
I wouldn't characterize an out-of-order execution scheduler as
"dataflow", at least not in the traditional sense.

Certainly, nobody that I was aware of ever categorized, say, a CDC 6600
as a dataflow machine.

At least not in the same sense that I'd categorize a NEC uPD7281 as a
dataflow device.

--Chuck