DCC-116 E / DATA GENERAL NOVA 2/10 / Nixdorf 620 - Restoring and restarting

Dominique Carlier dce at skynet.be
Sun Apr 2 19:11:18 CDT 2017

After the mess, ...

http://actingmachines.com/classiccmp_forum/mess01.jpg

... it was time to reorganize a cool place to continue this restoration :-)

http://actingmachines.com/classiccmp_forum/calm01.jpg

http://actingmachines.com/classiccmp_forum/calm02.jpg

Without the schematics of the two power supplies, I decided to follow
the tracks on the printed circuits boards from the area where I measured
the collapsed regulated 5vdc, I start to check the components and try to
understand the problem alone, I decided to check the 5 big capacitors
this one is a little bit high but OK

http://actingmachines.com/classiccmp_forum/capacheck2.jpg

YES ! I finally found a dead one, hourra!! :-)

http://actingmachines.com/classiccmp_forum/capacheck1.jpg

A 23000µf 15VDC used in the filtering of the regulated 5vdc, but...
finally no, unfortunately ... it was not the source of the power fail :-/

Tomorrow I continue my investigation and I will check the big capacitors
of the other power supply in charge of the 15V which is monitored and
possibly also the cause of the error message.

Dominique