Is anyone making replacement clear labels for DEC gear?

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 29 11:12:23 CDT 2016

On 29/09/2016 16:12, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Ethan Dicks
>
>      > One aspect of it is that some of the labels are damaged
>      > ...
>      > Before embarking on spinning up a process, I thought I'd ask if anyone
>      > has already done so.
>
> This definitely sounds like a place where it would be good to have one person
> specialize in this, rather than everyone rolling their own.
>
> I, for instance, could use a number of these labels (starting with the one
> that lists the boards in the 11/45 CPU - although that one's black on white).
>
> Anyone up for becoming label-meister?
>
> 	Noel

Hi

      I seem to remember that at least some of the markings were not
actually labels but  screened onto the  chassis.

White for black metalwork and black on unpainted cad and pass metalwork.

There is a process used for  decals. You peel the back off and press on
to whatever. Then peel the front of and there you are.

Clear labels are available (I think). Printing black on clear OK. White
is a problem. You need a special printer.

Rod (Panelman) Smallwood

--
PDP-8/e PDP-8/f PDP-8/m PDP-8/i
Front Panels ex Stock - Order Now