DEC F-11 (Fonz) processor ceramic chip carriers (PDP-11) on eBay

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Sep 21 12:24:21 CDT 2016

On 21/09/2016 15:15, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 1:35 AM, Scott Baker <scott.l.baker at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/191974796676?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
>

> It says "FOR F-11" and that seems plausible judging by the label on
> the box (KEF-11) shown in one of the photos.  That would make it a
> floating point option.  I don't know if that matches the chips and
> whether all the right pieces are present, though.

The top two in the first picture are a pair of KEF11-AA floating point
microcode options for an F-11 CPU.  One of those would go in either an
M8186 KDF11-A (11/23), an M8189 KDF11-B (11/23plus or microPDP-11/23) or
an M7133 KDF11-U (11/24).

The third chip is a KTF11-AA memory management unit, for any of the above.

You sometimes find a KTF11 with a KEF11 because you need the MMU to use
the floating point, as the FP microcode uses some of the MMU registers.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull