Value of 7-track TU10

Paul Anderson useddec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:56:18 CDT 2016

I had two 7 track TU10 drives , different customers, on contract while
working at DEC. Both where used in CAD systems. I have no idea how many
where in the branch, but at our site maybe 20 to 30 % 7 track.  I would
think the national average is lower.

A 9 can be converted to a 7 with a head change and I thing a board change
or removal. The only differences are the head and R/W circuitry I think. I
know I have TE16  and other heads, and I recall having a TU10 7 track here
somewhere.

The first drive on the controller has to be a master, all the rest can be
slaves.

Paul