Anyone have any info on a Tektronix X221CHT?

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Fri Sep 16 15:20:31 CDT 2016

On 09/15/16 22:24, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I unearthed what appears to be a Tektronix X terminal, marked on the bottom:
>
> MODEL: X221CHT

I'd guess that the human-readable model is probably XP221, though that
doesn't lead to a lot via Google. However you might find a usable PSU
under eBay #271338697806. Ouch, $80 + S&H.

Tek made some very nice X terminals, I worked with them in the '91-'94
period.

Announcement of the XP200 line is here: http://goo.gl/4DPXlN
(Too early to cover that model, though.)

There's a Linux how-to for supporting/booting Tek X terminals that
includes the pinouts for the power connection. Good luck with the 16
year old links for software, however...

https://web-docs.gsi.de/~kraemer/COLLECTION/NCD/xp200_linux.html

Good luck,
--Steve.