68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 08:17:26 CDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:13:18AM -0600, ben wrote:
[...]
> PS: Ternary arithmetic I can understand, but Ternary Logic needs Mr Spock to
> figure out.

You'd first have to get everybody to agree on what ternary logic is. Ask three
experts, and you'll get four answers. Mercifully, most computer people only
encounter ternary logic in the form of SQL NULL, although the many edge cases
make it quite the doozy.

My experiments with FPGAs introduced me to nine-valued logic and development
tools stuck in the 1980s, at which point I decided that I should stick to
writing software instead.