Subjects, Topics and Threading

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Wed Sep 14 16:42:07 CDT 2016

On 09/14/16 09:52, Dale H. Cook wrote:

> Please do not change the subject line in a thread. The subject line
> of this thread has been changed twice since it began as "68K Macs
> with MacOS 7.5 still in production use..." When you change a subject
> line the header information concerning the subject is unchanged,
> and that is what the list archives and some email clients go by.
> There are now three threads concerning different subjects archived
> as one thread at classiccmp.org.

And what's so horrible about that? I miss entire conversations because
somebody starts discussing something I *would* find interesting under a
misleading Subject: and never changes it. Oh well - people will do what
they do, thank goodness for search...

How do you justify making everybody conform to your preferred behavior?
Even though I did what you wanted in this reply/new topic. ;)  But now
nobody can see what I didn't quote from your original message without
going off and running a search - isn't that annoying too?

--S.