HP-35/45 Simulator for PDP-8

Doug Ingraham dpi at dustyoldcomputers.com
Tue Sep 13 22:02:46 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Vincent Slyngstad <v.slyngstad at frontier.com
> wrote:

> From: Vincent Slyngstad: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:00 PM
>
>> Poof!  There goes the prior value of link!  And the "0" in the comment is
>> correct.
>>

> Never mind.  I finally see what Klemens and others were trying to tell me
> about the need for CLL.
>
>    Vince

My first test case would fail without the CLL

BSW=JMS I BSWIND
*0170
C7700,  7700
BSWIND, BSWI

*0200
        CLA CLL CML    /CLEAR AC AND SET LINK
        TAD C7700        / AC <- 7700
        BSW                  /AFTER THIS AC SHOULD BE 0077
        HLT                    /LOOK AT THE PRETTY LIGHTS

BSWI, .-.

I believe this returns 0037 instead of 0077 if the CLL is left out of the
code, but I believe you figured this out.

I've been trying to come up with a way to reorder this but without
success.  I am going to have Warren look at it as
he has a twisted mind and sometimes sees things I miss.

--
Doug Ingraham
PDP-8 SN 1175