G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Sep 13 12:25:51 CDT 2016

> > After struggling with trying to find a good ftp facility for OS 9
>
> As someone else mentioned, Fetch works pretty well.
>
> I had just been using Appleshare until I switched to an Intel based
> server which no longer supports the old protocol.

I keep a Sawtooth G4 running 10.4 for file server tasks. It talks to
almost anything on the network. However, the LocalTalk machines have to
talk to the NetBSD IIci, which still runs an old enough NetBSD where
the old AppleTalk protocols work properly (over a Dayna EtherPrint-T),
and NFSes to whatever mount it needs to "mirror."

-- Whatever it is, I'm against it. -- Groucho Marx ----------------------------