50 yrs. of Star Trek!

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 09:31:37 CDT 2016

You bet it  does!   My  friend  Jim Early   explained to me  how it was
used on the  Bell Solar Batteries  (  solar cells)   for TELSTAR

Ed Sharpe  PDP-8 SN18

In a message dated 9/9/2016 7:55:19 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dpi at dustyoldcomputers.com writes:

On Thu,  Sep 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com>  wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2016, Murray McCullough wrote:
> And  use so much transparent aluminum.

Transparent aluminum  exists.  It is called sapphire.  Sapphire is the
crystalline form  of aluminum oxide.  If you recall, Apple was thinking of
using it for  the touch screen face of the iphone.

--
Doug Ingraham
PDP-8  SN 1175