50 yrs. of Star Trek!

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:58:18 CDT 2016

It's interesting to me that the Enterprise computers were effectively
command-and-control grammars, albeit somewhat freeform regarding the
commands (e.g., "Provide information about such-and-so" with no paramters
as to *what* knowledge).  There were only a select few episodes about
self-aware or self-actualizing computers, and ISTR they were all critical.
 -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."