Sage II

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 10:55:17 CDT 2016

> Quick question...I am setting up disks to be imaged from various requests
> including yours.  Do you know the tracks/sectors of the sage disks, off
> hand?  I don't necessarily plan to set up my sage to test the disks, just
> image the disks, to save time if I knew what settings to use it will
> increase the chances I get it right the first time.

The Sage II service manual (it's on the web somewhere, I forget where
I got it from) impilies that some machines have 40 cylinder drives, others
have 80 cylnder drives. I think it is normal to have 2 drives of the same
type, but said service manual implies that a machine with one of each
type is useful for converting disks.

So they could be either 40 or 80 cylinder.  In both cases :

Double sided (2 heads)
8 sectors/track
512 bytes/sector
Normal MFM double density

(Of course normal, not high density, data rate).

I would think a PC disk controller with the appropriate drives could read
them.

-tony