11/35 on eBait

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 24 08:08:31 CDT 2016

On 10/24/16 8:51 AM, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 01:12:50PM +0200, Philipp Hachtmann wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/2016 02:42 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>>>     > From: Glen Slick
>>>
>>>     >> Went unsold at $3500. Relisted, this time at $5000.
>>>
>>>     > there was a taker for that 11/35 at $5000 today....
>>>
>>> Smack me with a wet halibut. They must not have seen the original listing?
>>>
>>> I can't come up with any other explanation why someone would pass up a chance
>>> to buy it for $3.5K, and pay $1.5 more for the priviledge...
>>
>> Was it really sold? I can't figure that out from here. Only "listing has
>> ended". And when I try to search for it, the website doesn't show it :-(
>>
> Looks like it:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-PDP-11-35-COMPUTER-/142146207101?
>
> (ebay will usually tell you "the seller has relisted this item" and if
> you click it you get the above url)
>
> /P
I peeked at it and who knows on that...  Along with that there was a
Robin [vt180] so they claim
for 262$ save for its missing the keyboard, disk drives and cables and
compared to mine it looks
rough.  The funny part is they claim it works without keyboard and disks
it can't be tested except
for as a vt100 as it will default to that.

The other was a 11/23 or a box marked as such untested and unknown what
boards if any are in it.
I have two of them sitting... maybe time to sell.

Ebait, still full of hilarity.

Allison