Photos from the NWA Auction

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Oct 20 23:23:38 CDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 11:59 AM, ethan at 757.org wrote:
>> According to this article, it sounds like the facility was closed in
>> 2012.
>> http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/07/remnants-of-northwest-airlines-pilot-training-center-up-for-grabs/
>>
>> Whether or not all the computers were still in use at that time is
>> tough to
>> say, but I was surprised at how clean and orderly most of the
>> equipment was
>> that was left.
>
> I would figure the data center rooms and stuff might of had other
> racks of more modern server equipment that might have been sold off
> separately or relocated to other sites. Didn't see holes in the floor
> for cabling but wouldn't be surprised. I didn't see video projection
> hardware on the auction and usually that is used to project the stuff
> outside the cockpits no?

There were video tubes and testing units for same in the auction. Also
if you looked at the simulator cockpits, since most were gutted, some
had large 25" or so tubes on their sides in the cockpits.

the screens seemed to be set up so that they were front, not rear
projected, and the projectors in the cockpits would be below the line of
sight out of the cockpits, and may or may have not been there.

There were cockpits, and most I looked at were stripped, and there were
skids and lots of "avionics".  One that was obvious was one for a DC-9
marked as such, and was a bunch of boxes with some amount of steam gauge
instruments in the lot.

The pages seem to still be up here:

https://grafeauction.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=117590&gl=288#288

Unrefreshed page link from my browser, YMMV  I don't know if the lots
will show up here with th

thanks
Jim