Museum thoughts?

couryhouse couryhouse at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 17:13:50 CDT 2016

Nice display Bill!

-------- Original message --------
From: william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>
Date: 10/20/16  13:01  (GMT-07:00)
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Museum thoughts?

> > There's someone local who's seen my assortment of computer hardware
> > twice and has, each time, told me I should set up a museum.
> <snip>
> >
> > So, I'm wondering if there's anyone who'd be willing to share
> > experiences, thoughts, issues, whatever, on the possibility.

Maybe you could find a local museum and volunteer there, see what's
involved behind the scenes.  If there is nothing close enough to your
interests offer to contribute an exhibit to a local college, or business,
or someone who has a stale display case that could use a refresh. Come up
with a plan and present it to the powers that be.  This way you can get
some experience before you go full museum.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, at the U of Delaware in the
computer sci hall.  I got some students to help set up.
http://vintagecomputer.net/UofDelaware/UofDelaware_CM_TRS80-2.JPG

Bill