Unibus disk controller with modern storage

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:35:37 CDT 2016

>> From what I understand, there could be a great demand of a such
>> interface here around?
>>

> Been thinking about this for more than 10 years :-(
>
> Isn't Noel working on something related?
>
> Btw, MSCP isn't really as complex as its reputation... While I'm not an
> expert, the hard parts of this project seem to be the boring bits -- the
> mechanical interface, the drivers/transceivers, and all that. Once that's
> taken care of, the software/fpga is the fun bit. Imho, etc.
>
> --Toby

a starting point might be simH, carving out the drive/storage component
from there and building some sort of stand-alone simH drive using a
Raspberry Pi or something.  That's what comes to mind if it were me making
a drive for a UNIBUS system.  A card to interface with simH as a real drive
would, not just a serial port.