Photos from the NWA Auction

Cory Heisterkamp coryheisterkamp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:33:22 CDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/16 5:07 PM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:
>
> For those curious about the equipment that sold last week, I put together
>> an album from my brief stop on Saturday. Let me know if you have trouble
>> viewing it.
>> https://goo.gl/photos/yb83SJSj67gS96n39
>>
>> On closer inspection it appears the documentation for that GP-4, as well
>> as some of the other computers, sold to different parties (the value being
>> in the shelving and cabinets).
>>
>> I'm still losing sleep over that GP-4. From all appearances it was a
>> turn-key setup (in theory). Unfortunately, the auction site immediately
>> removes closed lots from their webpage so no idea what it sold for, or if
>> it went to a scrapper. I suspect it was billed as 'cabinets of aviation
>> equipment'. Being 3 hours away I can't exactly run over there and pin a
>> note on it.
>>
>> Some further digging on the net revealed a photo in the Motorola Annual
>> Report 1965 featuring the machine touting Moto's new ECL logic. Apparently
>> it was designed for aviation simulation but included facilities for being a
>> general purpose machine. -C
>>

> Thanks for taking the pictures!  Now that I can see a clear picture of the
> front panel on those SEL/Gould machines, I *really* wish I'd bid on one...
>
> Thanks for getting a picture of the TI-980 -- do you recall if photo
> IMG_5542 is from the same rack as the TI?  I'm curious what was behind that
> door on the top and I can't wait until it gets here to find out :).
>
> I hope that most of this stuff will end up in the hands of people who
> won't shred it for gold content, but...
>
> - Josh

Hey Josh,

I'm pretty sure you're right about IMG_5542 being the TI. One nice thing
about that outboard display unit is that you've got some great I/O to play
with. Is someone picking the unit up for you?

To Jason's question, I noticed one or two bidders put a low bid (a few
cents) in on EVERY lot, so if it had a sticker, it probably sold. That
said, there were lots of (computer related) manuals and paperwork strewn
about and the contents of the cabinets will likely get tossed, so I'm sure
that's fair game. Looked like all the hardware had been claimed, one way or
another. -C