MFM floppy and HD emulator DREM

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:32:31 CDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark J. Blair" <nf6x at nf6x.net>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: MFM floppy and HD emulator DREM

Does anybody here have experience with both the DREM and David Gesswein's MFM emulator? I'm wondering how they compare. I have one of David's emulators. I have only played with it a bit, but I have been pleased with it so far.
No experience myself, but FWIW several Cromemco owners have used David's unit successfully with Cromemco's non-standard whole-track-at-a-time controller and have said good things about his willingness to work with non-standard formats.

(It's also cheaper, but apparently not available at the moment, unfortunately).