Unibus controller for MFM disks

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Sun Oct 16 14:07:24 CDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> A plug-compatible Massbus disk/tape emulator would be a Good Thing;
> there are things like pdp-10s that rely exclusively on Massbus and
> rare finicky power-hungry beasts like RP06. I kinda heard that LCM
> were working on something like that but don't know how far they got.

When I left in 2014, LCM's Massbus disk emulator was working quite well
indeed, and was running in 'production' to keep down the hours on the RP06
drives.  ISTR the plan was always to open-source the hardware and firmware,
too.
--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."