Reasonable price for a complete SOL-20 system?

Corey Cohen AppleCorey at optonline.net
Sun Oct 16 05:54:41 CDT 2016

> On Oct 15, 2016, at 10:25 PM, Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 15, 2016, at 19:02, Sam O'nella <barythrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations! Fun to find some of the wooden generation of computers. Keep us posted on the restoration efforts (if any) :-)
>
> I don't think I have any other wooden computers yet. The seller had an interesting tale about the origin of the wood in these particular computers. As the legend goes, the father of one of the principals of Processor Technology had a contract to remove wharfs from along the Mississippi river, which happened to be made of black walnut. And thus, the SOL-20 received stylish black walnut side panels, hopefully without too much lingering wharf smell. I don't know if the tale is true, but I have chosen to believe it.
>
> --
> Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
> http://www.nf6x.net/

That's a new story to me, I always heard they came across a bunch of gunstock wood and were looking for a project.  The wood is very good condition for reclaimed wood that made up a dock that was near water and in sun. I have seen old docks and that wood is good for kindling and not furniture.

Still would be good to try to confirm the story.

Cheers.
Corey