Getting out of the hobby

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Sat Oct 15 22:48:26 CDT 2016

On 10/15/2016 19:39, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> My point blew right past you, apparently--yet I stated it as clearly as
> I could.

I got your point, Chuck, one hundred percent. It's a depressing
perspective, but I acknowledge the truth of it in my own life. Almost
every day I'm reminded that nothing is as exciting as it used to be.
That's just something I suppose I have to accept as I get older - I
won't attempt to speak for anybody else's experience in that regard.

However I couldn't keep myself from going for the cheap laugh inspired
by your analogy to the, uhm, thrill of breakthroughs in syphilis
treatment. Look, there was a smiley and everything...

On 10/15/2016 20:33, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> Okay, I regret that analogy, however apt or inapt.
>
> I should have used smallpox.  :)

Now that's more like it... :D

--S.