ASR 33 buzzing

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Fri Oct 14 01:02:38 CDT 2016

Yeah I'm sure we must have bad cap(s) here.  I think pretty much everything is original on this thing.  I've no idea how old it is.
I'll have to read through the manuals and figure out where the cap is.  I'm assuming it must be round.. although directly under the fuse is a little black box connected to it.
I note when I plug it in on Line sometimes there's a single metallic clack from the PSU area and sometimes it's multiple..lioe someone's operating a telegraph.
I was rotating the motor and seeing how things work (hard to believe it doesn't just fly apart given how intricate it is).  I was able to push keys.. however now I have the top row locked down and the keyboard cover won't fit back on.. heh.  Hoping I'm not breaking things as I go.

Sent from my Samsung device