Getting out of the hobby

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 00:03:08 CDT 2016

"There are plenty of people who play the 8-bit home micro games they
grew up playing, but many of them (at least the ones I know of) run them
on a PC-based emulator not the real hardware."

You don't really think that retro video gaming is the singular, or even the
primary focus of 8-bit micro nostalgia, do you? That seems like a bit of a
shallow view, at least from my perspective.

"There are exceptions of course."

I'd offer that the membership - current and future - is largely composed of
'exceptions', and always will be. Simple truth is that +most+ folks simply
don't give a gnat's arse about any of this stupid old crap
that we've cultivated such an interest in, and built a culture around it.