Gould 32/77

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Oct 13 21:42:15 CDT 2016

On 10/13/2016 08:38 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Jon Elson
>

>      > of course, when we moved up to a VAX, that was even better!
>
> Heh. Give me an 11/45 with an Able ENABLE any day! :-)
>
> 	Noel

No, the 11/45 was pretty good, but not great for image
processing and other programs with a lot of data.  Once we
got the VAX, I rewrote NASA's Mini-VICAR image processing
program and we were able to run the TeX typesetting program,
among others.  Those were not so practical on the 11, mostly
due to the address size.

Jon