Remember Data Printer Corp?

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Wed Oct 12 14:17:04 CDT 2016

From: Paul Koning
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:09 AM

> Speaking of printer widths, the Dutch computer company Electrologica was
> odd in that their systems came with line printers that were 144 columns
> wide.  I've never seen that anywhere else.

The IBM 1443 printer, originally part of the 1440 system but available on
the 1800 system as well, was 144 columns wide.  Type bar rather than a
train like the 1403; moved back and forth as hammers struck the desired
letter.  Ugly ugly type face.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/