Gaming on old systems (was Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!])

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Tue Oct 11 03:28:15 CDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 04:56:40PM -0400, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> hackerspace.  I'm already bringing the hardware - to date, Commodore
> PET, Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari 2600, PDP-8 (emulated for now), and
> curses-based UNIX games, and would like to add more platforms.

I'm certain you will be overwhelmed with lists :) I arrange game-nights
on a semiregular basis with two friends and we focus on retro stuff. We
play mostly on consoles but on the C64 we recently played:

Last Ninja 2, Rock'n'Bolt, Thrust, Commando, Mancopter, Delta.

I can heartily recommend the little known Rock'N'Bolt and Mancopter.
Easy to get into and play for a short while. Great music :)

>  I'm especially interested in any favorites that run on dumb terminals
> (I have numerous ones to bring in, and have a VT220 already in the
> collection).

With a little work you can get the original tetris running on a PDP-11,
real or emulated.

/P