Gaming on old systems (was Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!])

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Mon Oct 10 18:15:26 CDT 2016

“Starfleet Orion” and “invasion Orion”. Hot-seat 2-player and solitaire, respectively, written for the TRS-80 in basic so should adapt to other “dumb” terminal displays reasonably easily.

2-d movement, enter orders then stand back to see how the turn plays out. You get to design your own starships, given a cost system, or they had several scenarios you could play.

Wow, there’s a wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfleet_Orion

Don’t know what it would take to make it playable at two different terminals, but should not be impossible….

					- Mark