large Wire wrap cards

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Oct 9 17:06:19 CDT 2016

On 10/9/2016 2:22 PM, devin davison wrote:
> I picked up 3 of these a while back, I am unsure of what kind of machine
> they go to. The plan was to use them to prototype on, but then I found some
> even better wire wrap boards and set these aside. I did not want to have to
> go through getting all the wire off of them.
>
> They are up for sale or trade if anyone is interested, I am just curious if
> anyone knows what they came out of.
>
> gallery :
> https://postimg.org/gallery/1tizoqomi/
>
> --devin

The edge looks like Multibus, but the height looks too tall for standard
Multibus form factor.

A friend here in Southern California did custom boards, usually for
prototypes, or one or a few off systems for such as Northrup, TRW and
Douglas and the like that ranged from board like this up to some that
were 24" x 24" and all medium scale DIP technology.

This looks neat enough that it may have been machine wrapped, and is
probably from some such custom system.  The builder probably used the
multibus backplane for interconnect if for no other reason than the
backplanes would be cheap and available at the time (considering this
was probably about a $15,000 to $20,000 job).

Is the base board Augat?  They had a huge line of different boards of
all sorts and shapes and sizes.

thanks
Jim

--
Note change in email address.  Please use reply-to
address.  TWC is changing their email and this may
change again reply to is jwsmail at jwsss.com