Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Fri Oct 7 23:00:12 CDT 2016

-------- Original message --------
From: Brent Hilpert <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 2016-10-07  8:46 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

On 2016-Oct-07, at 5:17 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>> On 10/7/2016 5:21 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>
>> That simply defies logic. I *really* don't get this collecting business.
>
> It's Apple-related. Some Apple devotees seem to have an, ah, excessive
> attachment to things Apple. (Q.v. $1M Apple I's.) I'm suprised that some of
> them didn't commit suttee when Steve died.

I agree this valuation is primarily "Apple"-driven rather than say "vintage-computer" driven,
but here's an interesting non-Apple sale, just completed:
	http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cromemco-Dazzler-JP-1-Joysticks-D-7A-S-100-Card-Docs-Games-for-MITS-Altair->IMSAI-/291888851989

And yet the untouched original Mark-8 boards I bought only went for $1500.  I don't get it.