Other SMS300/8X300/8X305 uses?

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Nov 29 13:11:24 CST 2016

On 2016-Nov-29, at 10:28 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I don't think that I've seen an 8X30x board with more than an 8X300/305
> and perhaps an 8X330 FDC and various transceivers, memory and other logic.
>
> How many boards used other specialized members of the product family,
> such as 8X384, 8X310, 8X320, 8X360 or 8X355?

Admittedly I could go find my copy of the Osborne 70s microprocessors book to answer this question but I'm here and the book is somewhere, and I suspect one or two people here can answer this without pulling out the book - is the 8X300 the 'unusual', proto-DSP device discussed in a chapter of the Osborne book?