Archiving Fortune 32:16 bits

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Nov 19 18:35:29 CST 2016

spent way too much time on this the past few days

I dug up everything I had on the system, took pictures and dumped firmware and floppies
Maybe someone will figure out how to remove the serialization some day

bitsavers.org/pdf/fortuneSystems  floppy images under bits/

I also started reverse-engineering the board, mostly to see how the mmu worked.
Pretty basic, four base/bound sets made up of two 12 bit registers in three bytes
the 12 bit adder is applied to A10-21

This all looked familiar, esp the bus pinouts. I think I had docs at one point for
expansion board developers. Have no idea what happened to that.