HP 6954A Multiprogrammer

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 00:47:21 CST 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Pete Lancashire
<pete at petelancashire.com> wrote:
> I just picked one of these up the 1991 catalog describes
>
> HP 6954A Features
>
> A Rugged Rack-mountable Test System in a Single Unit Built-in
> HP 9000 Series 310 or Series 332 Computer. and 20 Megabyte
> Hard Disc Includes BASIC and HP 14753A CAT Programming
> Package HP-IB, HP-HIL, RS-232, Audio and Video Interfaces ....
>
> Anyone have a manual on this guy ?
>
> So far I can't find where the hard drive goes, was it internal or
> external via GPIB ?
>
> BTW mine is older, the CPU is a 310 (98561-66515)
>
> -pete

http://www.hpmuseum.net/ has a scan of the 06954-90003 Getting Started
Guide. From a very quick browse it points out the disc controller
board, but I didn't see a figure that shows the actual drive.

What you probably want is a copy of the 06954-90001 Service Manual if
that is available anywhere.