SPRAGUE capacitor for Tektronix 4051.

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Nov 16 22:44:17 CST 2016

On 11/16/2016 10:10 PM, drlegendre . wrote:
> "Note the "tube audio" folks gravitate to that stuff and tend to cause
> seriously sick prices, because tubes."
>

> FYI - I've installed dozens of the new-production CE / Mallory caps, all of
> them in the 350-525V range. Zero complaints, zero comebacks, in as long as
> I've installed them. For those of us in that field, they're like a gift
> from the gods.

Vintage tube audio doesn't need to get involved, except for
the old-style twist-lock Mallory cap design.
All the off-line switching supplies use either 250 V (120
supply only) or 400+ (120/240 supply) capacitors as the main
input filter. So, at least, capacitors in that voltage range
are STILL being made, and are in all computers, TVs and
other home appliances.  (Yes, I know the OP needed a 30 V cap.)

So, some other tube gear replacement parts may be scarcer
than hen's teeth, but the HV caps are easily available.

Jon