SPRAGUE capacitor for Tektronix 4051.

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Nov 15 12:29:08 CST 2016

If you can't find a replacement that is "NEW" and by that I mean made in
the past couple years ...

It has been > 30 years since I've been inside a 4051

your best bet might bt to take an axle (wires out both ends) leaded cap and
doing things like standing it on end and use a wire that runs down the side
to where the can connected, make sure the wire is insulated and then use
heat shrink to mechanically secure it.

Electrically the wire should be at least hmmm ... 18 AWG, I'd see if 16 AWG
would fit. The issue is your adding resistance but since you only working
with 60 (or 50/120/100) Hz that shouldn't be much of a problem.

-pete Ex Tekkie