OT: Excessive bounce notices?

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:27:00 CST 2016

Sigh. Again. Lost two days of messages this time.
'Excessive bounces'. I have a gmail address. It's not like google will
disappear, what's the point of disabling list members on a gmail
address? Presumably there was another general network-wide ddos attack
which affected the network as a whole (it's not likely that google's
infrastructure itself was affected ).
Why is it that the cc-tech mailing list is the only one where members
get their membership disabled on a routine basis? It's never happened
to me on any of the other uncountable mailing lists I've been a member
of over the years.