DEC DELQA - seems not to work. Anyone got a spare? [SOLVED]

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sun Nov 6 20:01:18 CST 2016

On 2014-10-26 3:07 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
> On 21/10/14 7:38 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>>      > From: Toby Thain
>>
>>      > Looking to see what the internal self-test returns as an error
>> code
>>      > (that can be done with console ODT, it doesn't need a program) is
>>      > probably the first step in diagnosing.
> OK, after powerup, the bits of the VAR register (e/w/p 2000192c) are
> D800, i.e. the test result bits VAR12:10 are 1,1,0 - meaning RAM test
> failed.

Hi all,

As an update to this project, I can report that the DELQA has been
repaired with four new static RAM chips, and now the MicroVAX II's
network is fully working (including netboot).

Credit due to Joe Zatarski (joe_z) who did a beautiful job of
desoldering and putting sockets in for the four RAM chips.

--Toby