Looking for Prompt-475

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:42:46 CDT 2016

The UPP had a bug that was never fixed. The level for the

reset was inverted for the 4040 from the 4004. They'd

used a slow transistor to create the inverter but released

the 4040 before the 4001's. The first few fetches would

sometimes send it to strange places in the code.

The fix was simple, release the 4001 resets before the 4040.

The problem was in an app note. Their solution was to put

a few NOPs at the start of the code. It worked most of the time.

Of course, as an end of life, I don't think it ever got fixed.

Dwight