Unknown DEC indicator panel

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 2 12:10:36 CDT 2016

On Tue, 11/1/16, Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> wrote:
>  Also, some IBM  publications (where I'm more
> familiar with their models) had  some photos
> of machines that probably were in-house
> prototypes that were quite different than the
> production  version.

Along the same lines, the picture in the original PDP-8
manual was of a machine that had a front panel that
looked more like the PDP-5 panel than the one shipped
on the 8s.  Given how close the machines were in
architecture, it wouldn't be surprising for a prototype.
As it turns out, I saw the picture in the manual a few
years before I ever saw a real straight-8.  To this day,
the real straight-8s look a little "wrong" to me.

BLS