Classic keyboard (and fonts) (Was: NEC ProSpeed 386

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue May 31 13:49:00 CDT 2016

On Tue, 31 May 2016, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> It might be interesting to poll the list to see who's still using an IBM
> Model M keyboard on their x86 box.  I am.
>
> Windows key?  What Windows key? ;)
The one with the picture of a dry-rot window
Do you mean [Ctrl[Esc]?

Best way to represent the above?
30? years ago, I created a special key-top font for discussing keystrokes
in documentation.  IIRC, I had two versions of [Ctrl], [Alt], and [Shft]
One version had no right hand edge, to reinforce the idea that it was used
in combination with another key.   LJ/DJ and Cordata, never got around to
completing a postscript version, nor Truetype, when that came along.

I also did LJ/DJ and Cordata screen printing fonts.  Used, mostly as
full screen images, along with my TSR, for a lot of Sybex books.
regular, inverse, and bold, in a couple of resolutions, such as 9x12.
Did you know that according to HP, it is "IMPOSSIBLE" to print an inverse
font?  I'm glad that I didn't know until after I succeeded. (Wiley E.
Coyote principle of project implementation).
Never did come up with a good representation for blinkking text.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com