Finally! Opened my TeleVideo TPC-1

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Tue May 31 00:43:33 CDT 2016

More on this:

It wasn't simple to get the power supply loose to the point where I can
access its circuit board.  I had to disengage the rear section, which is
also secured to the main case (a U-shaped affair, providing the main
section of the case).  This involved three more of the plastic latches, but
realizing that they were pretty robust I felt confident using some force.
A butter knife was a useful tool, but if I did this every day I'd probably
use a putty knife of appropriate width, or perhaps fabricate a pry bar with
a small lip to pull the receiver away from the latching piece.

I don't plan to do this every day.  :-)  So I'm going to replace all of the
electrolytics, this being the most common cause I've seen for these
symptoms, then reassembling it loosely and evaluating behavior.  I'm
exciting about getting this machine working as I have a metric butt-ton of
software for it, and I want to see what it will do.  -- Ian