Monster 6502

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sat May 28 20:19:59 CDT 2016

@Eric, All,

Light a candle for those in the dark..

If the min. clock speed is dictated by the ability of the gates to hold a
charge, as the bits rot away as charge drains (someone said "minimize
resistance to ground", but I believe they meant "maximize"?) , then what is
limiting the max. clock speed?

Is it just basic PCB stuff, like trace inductance, mutual / parasitic
capacitance, etc? Or are there other, more critical factors? I can't
imagine propagation delays could matter at these slow speeds.. requiring
meandering of traces and so forth.