vintage computers in active use

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:18:24 CDT 2016

<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Re: vintage computers in active use
>
> It is interesting that the military may not be able to use W10.
> I doubt it can meet tempest requirements without major changes.
> Dwight

I suspect the enterprise version has sufficient controls. It has Common
Criteria evaluations...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd229319.aspx

When some at work (UK Local Government) said he didn't think Microsoft Cloud
was secure and we shouldn't use it, I pointed out that it been evaluated and
certified by some one in higher authority and  he couldn't reject it on
those grounds...

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ukgovernment/2014/06/11/faq-what-microsoft-
azure-and-microsoft-office-365-official-accreditation-means-for-your-organis
ation/

Dave
G4UGM